1.The first time you got your cloth pad (CP), please wash it first either hand-wash or toss them in the washing machine.
2. Snap the CP just like the pic below.
Picture credits to Mama Patch
3. It is essential to get a Wetbag to chuck soiled CP especially if you are working, out & about or in other words you doesn't stay at home 24 hours a day.
I got my wetbag from Mum7Kids who produced the Saffa Pad for RM 15.00. It is made from Flannel PUL & the size is 8 inch X 8 inch and can store up to 7 CPs.
Then, by luck I stumbled this Dual Bag which I improvised it to be my very-the-handy-&-small wetbag so that I can put the fresh CP on one side & the soiled CP on the other side. Got it from Guardian for RM 11 & measured 5.5 inch X 4 inch, can store either 3 Regular CP OR 2 Panty Liner & 2 Regular CP. Fits in my handbag nicely.Dual wetbag is also available at Mama Patch.
4. Rinsed soiled CP under running water until water runs clear before chuck them in the wetbag.Make sure you wring them dry enough before temporary storing to bring back for further washing. Fold them up to save storing space.No worries about smell and you will be surprised soiled CP does not smell inside your wetbag.
5. During laundry, you can choose either to soak them for few minutes to remove stubborn stain or wash them immediately. You can either hand wash them together with your undies or toss them in the washing machine.
6. DO NOT SCRUB your CP.This will spoiled your CP durability.Light rubbing by hand is the best with frequent rinsing.You can also add a pinch of salt in the soaked CP in case there's stubborn stain. NEVER EVER use Softener or Clorox as this can damage the CP fabric.
7. The Sun is the best bleacher just like it does to cloth diaper. Based on CP user's experience sharing, recommended to wear your CP up to 4 hours on normal flow & less than 4 hours during the heaviest days.So roughly about 5 to 6 CP is needed during the heavy flow & 2-3 CP on the normal days and 1-2 on the lighter days.So no worries about leaking.You know your body best!