What is Mineral makeup?
Mineral makeup is the latest addition to an emerging beauty culture dedicated to better living. Unlike traditional products, mineral makeup, which is based on a hypoallergenic loose powder that naturally nourishes the skin, contains no perfumes, talc, alcohol, dyes, mineral oil or preservatives. Not surprisingly, dermatologists are pleased.
- Good for sensitive skin - Lots of women struggle with acne, allergies, dryness and clogged pores from unfriendly commercial makeup. Mineral makeup lets you enhance skin care with positive beauty choices, not create more problems.
- Doesn't feel like a mask - For some women, traditional makeup, often heavier, can feel like a mask. Mineral makeup's texture is lighter and different. Even with more coverage, experts say you'll see a natural, translucent radiance and more of your skin, which can breathe.
- Contains ingredients that are good for skin - For women who can't get to a spa, triple-milled minerals like titanium, gold, zinc, magnesium and aluminum naturally relax, refresh and rejuvenate the skin.
- Does not enhance wrinkles like traditional powders - If you have fine lines or crow's-feet, traditional makeup can cake in those places, often creating an illusion of deeper lines. Minerals create real health and a glow like we had in our teens and 20s through essential vitamins, antioxidants and ingredients that actually hydrate the skin and conceal wrinkles.
- Helps protect skin from sun - The sun is said to be the number-one aging agent. Mineral makeup's zinc oxide offers natural UVA-UVB protection.
- Can be used after peels - Skin procedures such as lasers and peels are common. Minerals are the natural choice to calm and soothe red, bruised, itchy, inflamed and flaking skin. This product hides imperfections, then camouflages with minerals that actually block the sun, which is crucial after aggressive treatments. In fact, after certain treatments, you shouldn't use sunscreens. Minerals cool the skin and encourage faster healing.
- Makes skin look better - The old makeup phrase "putting on your face" may soon be obsolete. Mineral makeup can look and feel like you're wearing nothing at all, like a silky top layer of your very own skin. In short, you look like you have great skin!
- Source: “New Beauty Trends – iVillage.com”
More information on Mineral Makeup, can read it HERE.