Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Infused Water Might Be Your Solution


Infused water is part of my daily regimen nowadays. I have been taking infused water since last September 2013, that would be nine months to date and still counting. 

What is infused water? 

Let's take a look the word infusion first. From Wikepedia, Infusion is the process of extracting chemical compounds or flavours from plant material in a solvent such as water and oil, by allowing the material to remain suspended in the solvent over time ( a process often called steeping). An infusion is also the name for the resultant liquid. The amount of time the herbs are left in the liquid depends on the purpose for which the infusion is being prepared. 

If you are a tea drinker, you come to realize that you have done infusion all this time, and that process is decribed as steeping Steeping usually for not more than 15 to 13 minutes, or until the mix cools, will create a beverage with optimal flavour. Steeping for a longer time typically results in a somewhat bitter-tasting infusion.

We know that water is very important for our well-being's vitality. One of the key to preventing dehydration is drinking plenty of liquids including water. Dehydration can be a major contributing factor to illnesses, causing headaches, digestive problem, obesity and joint pains. By drinking water, you can avoid all those and support in improving complexion, help kidneys to function properly, aid weight loss and maintain high energy levels.

Although water is almost always the best drink choice, like me and I believe many people dragged themselves to drink adequate water on daily basis. 2 litres the minimum requirement that most people preached, I doubt it whether I can guaranteed that I get that much. I found drinking plain water is bored. You see, I am a heavy coffee drinker and I like milk too and juicing is not something that I would like to add in my busy routine. Plus, I definitely want to avoid at all cost resorting ready-made juices and preservatives added beverages that I know is bad for health.

So, what is my solution? 
Infused water! Infusing water with a little flavour is really simple and I found that finally ensuring I get adequate amount for my body.

Making your own flavoured water is a good way to avoid unnecessary added sugar, preservatives or chemicals added to commercially available flavoured waters.

I started off with combination of lemon, cucumber and mint leaves. I used to chill it overnight and drank it next day but lately, I prefer to prepare first thing in the morning, and started to drink few hours later and kept adding water so roughly 1 to 2 litres of infused water I took on regular basis. The longer the ingredients sit, the better it taste. I do drink plain water and my usual coffee as well. This combination is almost my regular infused water as my aim is to detox, lose weight and hydrate.


This combination more for detoxification, hydration plus ensuring vitamin C intake in tact since I am not a supplement practitioner. Remember that you still need to eat a complete nutrition well-balanced proportion meal too.

Why lemon?
Lemon helps stimulate and regulate the digestive track,which is why it is so helpful with constipation, heartburn and gas, stimulates bile production and thins out biles, which allows it to flow more freely. Bile is produced by the liver and ends up in the small intestines to break down lipid (fats) that we've consumed. Lemon are also high in Vitamin C, which means they will improve your immune system, aids in the production an strength of collagen and improves the absorption of iron.

Why mint leaves?
Mint leaves are a nice refreshing flavour and it can help for effective digestion, improving the flow of bile from the liver, to the gallbladder, to the small intestines, where it breaks down dietary fats. Mint also helps relax cramped up stomach muscles.

Why cucumber?
Cucumber contains citrulline, which is an amino acid that has been shown to help liver and kidneys filer and get rid of ammonia. It also contains silica, a trace mineral necessary to keep connective tissue healthy. The silica and antioxidants help your skin stay clear and supple.

Don't just stick with few fruits and vegetables. Be adventurous! I've done with red apple, green apple, watermelon, mango, pear, strawberries, grapes, celery, blueberries, oranges, kiwis and they all still taste good packed with nutrients. I just mix-and-match them. You hardly go wrong when they comes from fruits and vegetables group since they under same category should you are concern on acid-alkaline food combo.


Oranges and kiwis


Strawberries and blueberries

You might get stuck on how much fruits or vegetables to use with a certain amount of water. I say use your best judgement and err on the side of adding more fruit rather than less fruit. Find the flavours that your tastebud crave. I urge you to experiment! 

Now, you might be wondering what have I've gained since I started drinking infused water. Here's my personal finding :

1) Great bowel movement
2) Great thirst quencher especially when my class is on and I have to talk almost non-stop.
3) Great attention span 
3) Clear complexion and hardly having breakouts even during pre-menses cycle.
4) Supple skin - the appearance of cellulite lessen
5) Energetic and less tired
6) High immunity - I can't recall when was the last time I visited the doctor for common flu, cold and fever. Even when the symptom persist, I resort to natural remedies immediately and it won't last long. 
7) Maintaining my weight
8) Fresh breath all day
9) Less almost zero craving to sugary food. I am more health-conscious and cringed at the sight of processed food.
10) Glossy hair! I noticed this only recently.

Last but not least, this help on my way of slip disc recovery, which I strongly believe so. I believe there is more benefits to it depending on what type of fruits and vegetables and any other ingredients you fancy to infuse. I suggest you look up first the nutrients of that particular fruit, for example, strawberries, read-up on that and get your reason why you want to do so before you put in the water to be infused. Each infused water combination, provides specific nutrients that suits your needs.

Additional tip : Some fruits still slightly retain its flavour and still taste okay even heavily soaked. Eat them. Or, you can even consider re-use them for facial and body scrub.

Why wait? Get your own perfect combo infused water now.


Source :
Wikipedia
http://everydayroots.com/detox-drink-for-cleansing
http://fruitinfusedwaters.com/
http://www.infusedwaters.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...