Brief notes to ponder :-
1. Cloth Pad (CP) are environmentally friendly & do not contribute to landfill as they are reusable & do not come in or contain plastic packaging. When CP wears out (after years of use), those made from natural materials can be composted whereas disposable sanitary napkins made from synthetic materials cannot be recycled or composted.They can be made from old pillow cases & towels.Some CP use hemp as the absorbent core which is more environmentally friendly to grow when compared with cotton or wood pulp.
2. Less expensive in the long term.
3. Highly customizable.
4. Still convenient as they can simply be cleaned in washing machine & before wash, soiled CP can be stored in its own wetbag.
5. Less likely to cause rashes, contact dermatitis as well as helping women affected with certain types of vaginitis.
6. Many women noted that after being a CP user, they have shorter periods, lighter flow & low/less cramping.
7. Reduce the scent of menstrual blood on the CP. As they are more breathable than the average disposable sanitary pads, they carry less odor.
Source : Wikipedia
To read more, please go to this link :-
Next: How to care Cloth Pad, Reviews on Cloth Pad, What Makes me convert to Cloth Pad.